March 21, 2018 / Lifestyle
It’s always a beautiful day when collaborating with phenomenal people. During our portrait session, the sun was high in the sky, our view stretched to the horizon and having a cup of coffee will always be a bonus. Meet Bianca Casteel she’s incredibly thoughtful, she’s confident, and through conversation and time spent photographing her and her lovely daughter, I sensed that she’s a phenomenal mother. Below are images from a recent portrait session…
Location: Okinawa, Japan
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. Tell me about a favorite scene from your favorite movie? Pan’s Labyrinth is my favorite movie and the scene at the end when the heroine is dying from a gunshot wound is tragically beautiful. It is beautiful because this scene allows us to see that despite all the adversities this little girl has faced, she is still able to conceive a magical and purposeful meaning to her death in her imagination; she faces no fear of death. Her innocence in the midst of the evil around her is inspiring.
2. What’s the most interesting thing about you we wouldn’t learn from your resume or social media? I am incredibly neurotic and also, a hypochondriac. I am constantly self-diagnosing. Web MD and the DSM-5 are my best friends and worst enemies.
3. As a mother of two how do you recharge your batteries? I am still struggling to find the time to recharge my batteries. It’s a constant struggle to give myself the grace to pursue my own hobbies. I have trouble leaving my kids. Recently, getting back into modeling has provided me with the creative outlet I’ve been craving.
4. If you could personally witness any moment in life what would you want to have seen? If I could personally witness any moment in people’s lives, I would want to witness how people handle labor. When a woman is in labor it can be the scariest and most vulnerable time of her life. There are a plethora of emotions that surround the labor experience. How individual moms, families, and couples approach labor is beautiful to me.
5. Name three books that you’re currently reading or would like to be reading? Erasing Hell, Fight, and War is a Racket.
6. Name one issue that is a challenge for most women and how do you suggest women work through it? Gender equality is a challenge for most women. Gender inequality effects women’s access to health care, education, and work opportunities. Women should vote for people who will represent their interests in an effort to combat this issue.
BONUS: Women are STRONG, Women are BEAUTIFUL, and Women are COURAGEOUS! Please share words you would use to describe women and why? I don’t necessarily believe that all women are inherently strong, beautiful, and courageous. I don’t find it helpful to generalize traits to a specific gender. However, I strongly do believe that all women are valuable. All people are valuable. I think that many women can often feel devalued in the patriarchal society that we live in.