“Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future.” – Robert L. Peters
Location: San Diego, CA.
Questions + Answers
1. Tell me about your favorite scene from your favorite movie? My favorite scene from a movie, I would say it’s from the movie ‘’Grease’’ when Sandy gets all dressed up, trying to fit in with the bad boy’s squad, so sexy and funny! I love that movie! I wished I could still wear those outfits!
2. What’s the most interesting thing about you we wouldn’t learn from your resume or social media? I think that I’ve traveled so many places, which has been a great experience for me. Plus you learning about different cultures, is so interesting.
3. If money and time were not a factor how would you seek to make a difference in your community? I think I would try to help all the kids in need. They are so many young souls out there that need so much love and a place to live. Also, I’m a huge dog lover, so I would open a place where you can adopt rescue dogs, and where dogs can be feed and be happy if they don’t ever find a home.
4. Who are your top three designers and why? My top 3 designers! Wow, that is a hard one! Hahhaha, I have to say that I love ‘’Coco Channel’’, she was the one that gave a big twist to the fashion industry, having women wear pants and no skirts!!! Remember there was a time women were not allowed to wear pants. My second designer would be Custo Barcelona, he is a Spanish designer, still alive! I actually meet him when I was in Barcelona a couple of years ago, he is amazing. Love his style and creativity. And finally, I would say Caroline Herrera, she is from Venezuela and she is also a very talented designer all her pieces are beautiful and very elegant, she represents powerful women and her biography of how she started in the fashion world is amazing and very inspiring!
5. Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be most significant in your career? I think for me is get to be known around the world! I want people to wear my designer clothes and feel comfortable in them. I enjoy making women look beautiful, classy and always in style.
6. Name one issue that’s a challenge for most women and how do you suggest they work through it? I think its just the fear of what would people say or society. This is the worst thing that can happen to us because we live in fear and also all our decision is based on what people will say. This really affects women, so I think we need to stop and forget what people think.