July 8, 2018 / Lifestyle
Jazzmine Farol | Vocalist | Lifestyle Session
“I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel ...
“I think music in itself is healing. It’s an explosive expression of humanity. It’s something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we’re from, everyone loves music.” – Billy Joel
Question + Answers
1. Tell me about your favorite scene from your favorite movie? My favorite scene in Pulp Fiction since I’m a hopeful romantic is the scene with Butch and Fabienne. They’re just the cutest couple ever and I want a love that I can yell and call my partner an ogre and two seconds later they’re calling me a beautiful tulip LOL. 🙂
2. What’s the most exciting thing about you we wouldn’t learn from your resume or social media? I can sleep like a sloth. LOL. But actually. But I guess that’s not necessarily the most exciting. I’d have to say I like doing weird things in public like barking at random people and/or howling in the middle of highly populated areas such as airports or restaurants. My mom gets mad at me and my dad just laughs hahaha.
3. If money and time were not a factor how would you seek to make a difference in your community? Love this question! I would start a nonprofit organization that helps highly depressed people or people with other mental disorders by having them travel to the one place they want to travel to the most. I found in my travel experience it helped my depression and anxiety and made me realize the bigger picture and the beauty of the world and helped me not want to leave it on my own accord, but rather when fate decides. 🙂
4. From your mobile device name your top ten songs that’s received the most play time? Oh goodness. Well, the top two are gonna be my favorite Bright Eyes song and the second one I’m just gonna be honest will be all Conor/Bright Eyes songs encapsulated in one number okay lol ‘cause it’s the truth.
1. Lua by Bright Eyes
2. Every Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst song LOL
3. Beyond by Leon Bridges
4. That’s What I Like by Bruno Mars (guilty pleasure song)
5. I Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
6. What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
7. Rain on a Strange Roof by Anthony D’Amato
8. In My Life by The Beatles
9. I Still Miss Someone by Johnny Cash
10. Black Dog by Led Zeppelin
5. Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be most significant in your music career? My full-length debut album entitled Move 🙂 Every song has music and lyrics by me and although it’s a debut album, I’ve gotta say I’m truly proud of being able to say I created it from my soul. Every song illustrates the idea of moving forward and allowing yourself to become the person you were always meant to be and that’s something that I remind myself to do every day. 🙂
6. Tell me about the moment when you knew music had to be a part of your life? Once I received a Facebook message from someone who found a video of me on youtube who’s words were “I found your song on youtube and was planning on killing myself tonight. Because of your song, I’ve reconsidered.” and at that moment I knew I had to keep writing. I’m so proud of this person, we still talk from time to time and now he’s alive and well helping build houses for people in Africa and that’s damn amazing to me. I will keep doing music because I know exactly what it’s like to hear a song and want to live again and it would be more than a blessing to be that to someone.
Thanks for listening 🙂
love and light xo