May 30, 2018 / Portraits
Shayne Armbrister | Portrait Session
What is up with the weather in San Diego California for this portrait session I’m and GLAD Shayne decided to wear a sweater as it was chilly, and at times we were both shivering during the session...
What is up with the weather in San Diego California for this portrait session I’m and GLAD Shayne decided to wear a sweater as it was chilly, and at times we were both shivering during the session. However, it was another seamless portrait session where we were able to capture many portraits of Shayne being bold and comfortable in front of my lens.
Meet Shayne she’s a down to earth gem, who doesn’t take things too seriously and naturally demonstrates that strength in her life is her inherent beauty. Shayne recently decided to share with the world her battle with Lupus via multiple social media outlets. See below images from our portrait session and additional information on about Shayne and her journey…
Location: San Diego, CA
Questions + Answers
1. What are your favorite lyrics from your favorite song? “Haters gone hate whether you’re doing bad or good” Rihanna-Cheers (Drink to That). This is a reminder that it doesn’t matter what point you’re in your life, someone will always have something to say so just ignore it.
2. What’s the most interesting thing about you we wouldn’t learn from your resume or social media? My favorite movie is ‘Rush Hour 2’. It just seems like the only movie that can make me laugh every single time I watch it.
3. If money and time were not a factor how would you seek to make a difference in your community? I have always had a dream of opening a homeless shelter one day.
4. What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? “Shayne, stop thinking. Just do.” I have a very bad habit of over thinking everything. Sometimes I just need to take time to breathe and step out on faith.
5. Name one issue that’s a challenge for most women and how do you suggest women work through it? Women being afraid to speak up because they don’t know what the future holds if they were to speak their mind. I feel that women are sometimes scared to voice their opinions to others because they fear losing a job or someone. Women need to find the power they have from within and use it to stand up for what they believe in and not let anyone treat them like they are unworthy.
6. What has been your greatest life struggle and how have you managed? My greatest life struggle was finding out that I have Lupus. It changed my life forever. I had to completely change my diet, avoid the sun and I experienced other symptoms such as hair loss. I created a blog (doseofsuga.com) to document and see if I can heal myself naturally by making these changes. So far, so good!