April 26, 2018 / Lifestyle
Natalie | Lifestyle Session
Natalie and I have been trying to do a shoot for several months and finally things just worked out! Our in-home session was simple, do what you enjoy and let me document the details of what you love. Here’s what good tasting coffee, the sound of vinyl records and a lifestyle photo session with Natalie look like.
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Questions + Answers
1. Tell me about a favorite scene from your favorite movie? Favorite scene is from the movie “Gone With the Wind” when Clark Gable says to Vivien Leigh, “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!” I relate to Clark Gable in this scene since I apply this attitude to a lot of life scenarios. I don’t give a damn! Haha. Also, I’m a huge history nerd and the Civil War era interests me.
2. What’s the most interesting thing about you we wouldn’t learn from your resume or social media? I sang the National Anthem for a San Antonio Spurs vs. Orlando Magic NBA game back in 2010. Choir used to be such a huge part of my life for six years (middle school through high school). I’ve been so out of practice that nowadays I sound more like Kermit the Frog, than a high soprano!
3. With modeling being a part of your life what are your go-to activities for relaxing and enjoying Life As Natalie? Road trips, traveling to new countries and a nice glass of wine to cuddle with my dog, Little Bamboo.
4. With money and time not being an option what would giving back to the community look like for you? I’m passionate about Self-Improvement (mentally, spiritually, physically, emotionally) and public speaking is a strength of mine. I feel people would be motivated to improve their lifestyle if hearing from a passionate individual, so something like TEDtalks at universities or community centers would be my way of giving back. We can all do with a little improvement, always move forwards.
5. Name one issue that’s a challenge for most women and how do you suggest women work through it? Self-Respect. Nowadays I see women who are dependent upon an individual, or social media, to show them respect and affection. Treat yourself with love and love will find its way into all aspects of your life- your job, your relationship, kids. It first starts with yourself, then you can show someone else the right way to treat you. By that I mean to find yourself a hobby you are passionate about, accomplish goals that you have been dying to attain and surround yourself with supportive people. That’s how I found my self-respect. We don’t need an individual or social media for us to respect and love ourselves, we should learn to know our worth
6. Pick any model in the world, who would be most influential to you and why? Naima Mora, from Season 4 of America’s Next Top Model. I saw so much of who I wanted to be in her. She was a woman in a fierce pixie cut and a heart of gold. She inspired me to be a model.